The District Of Ghaziabad Is Situated In The Middle Of Ganga -Yamuna Doab. It Is Roughly Rectangular, Its Length Is 75 Kms And Its Breadth Is 37 Kms. On The North, It's Bounded By The District Of Meerut, On The South; It's Bounded By Bulandshahar And Gautam Budh Nagar And On The South-West By The National Capital Delhi State And On The East By The District Jyotiba Phule Nagar.
River Hindon Flows Through The City Dividing It Into East Of Hindon (Cis Hindon Area I.E. CHA) And West Of Hindon (Trans Hindon Area I.E. THA). CHA Constitutes 2/3rd In Area. The Population While THA Constitutes 1/3rd Area And Population.
The Status Of Ghaziabad Was Upgraded From Municipal Board To Municipal Corporation, Known As Nagar Nigam Ghaziabad (GNN) On 31 August 1994 Following 74th Constitution Amendment Act 1992 And Conformity Legislation By State Government. GNN Area Has Been Divided Into Five Administrative Zones Namely City Zone, Kavi Nagar Zone, Vijay Nagar Zone, Mohan Nagar Zone And Vasundhara Zone.
Physical and Administrative structure at a glance
- A growing satellite town of National Capital Region.
- Ghaziabad is established on Upper Gangatic Plane.
- Hindon River divides this city into two Halves which Cis-Hindon Area & Trans-Hindon Area
- Area under Municipal Limit : 210 sq. km.
- Area covered under reform work : 210 sq. km.
- Population (2011) : 17.29 Lakhs
- Total number of zones : 5
- Total number of wards : 100
- Total number of house holds : 2.86 Lakhs (as per record)